This Sunday, April 17th from 1-5, will be the long awaited String Band Champions Serenade. Featuring the top String Band’s in the Philadelphia Mummers Parade. Here is some important information regarding the event:
- There will be no parking in the area surrounding the South Philadelphia String Band club house. Parking will be available at the lot between BJ’s Wholesale Club and Pet Smart at the Quartermaster’s Plaza, 23rd & Oregon Ave.
- Tailgating/drinking alcohol/playing music is not allowed in this lot
- Shuttle buses will be available for those who park in this lot to transport from the parking area to the SPSB club house
- The first shuttle will leave this lot to take passengers to the SPSB club house at approximately 12:15pm
- Shuttles will run consistently back and forth from the parking area to the club house throughout the day
- The last shuttle bus will leave SPSB club house to return to the parking area for the final trip at 7:15pm
We have been hard at work planning for this event, 41 years in the making. We promise to make sure everyone that attends will have an awesome time. We can’t wait to see all of our friends and family, this Sunday!!
Can i get a copy of the string band lineup for the serenade.
Superb job done by the south philly string band serenade. Thanks for the enjoyable time. Your friend. Durning Duck
I grew up in south Philly and always loved the string bands and would go to Broad St every year to see you perform. Sadly I now live in southern IL and I wish a major channel wouldpick up the bands. I miss seeing you on New Years Day